What to Bring for Fishing Vacations:

  • Bath towel, washcloth and kitchen towel
  • Clothing for any temperature (hot or cold)
  • Sleeping bags and/or blankets
  • First Aid kit
  • Coastguard approved lifejackets
  • Gloves for early spring or late fall
  • Rain gear & waterproof footwear
  • Fishing gear and tackle
  • Landing net & minnow bucket
  • Weigh Scale and fillet knife
  • Food and beverage can be purchased in Chapleau
  • Toiletries
  • Personal medications
  • Sunscreen and lip balm (15 SPF or better)
  • Flashlight (Waterproof is best)
  • Sunglasses & hat
  • Camera and film (please send copies of catch and release big fish to us for our photo galleries)
  • Paper products such as paper towels and napkins
  • Bug repellent (10% DEET or better) & bug coils
  • GPS or compass can come in handy
  • Mosquito Coils
  • Lighter or matches
  • Spare set of vehicle & boat keys

    Passport or U.S. Passport Card:

    Children 15 and under are not required to have a passport card or passport book if traveling by land to Canada. They will need their birth certificate (with a raised seal). If the child is not traveling with BOTH PARENTS OR LEGAL GUARDIANS, make sure you have a signed consent from parent or guardian not traveling with the child.

    Required Boat Safety Gear:

    If you bring your own boat, Ontario water safety regulations require your boat to be equipped with the following items. There is a good chance you will be stopped for a boat safety check:

  • Anchor and rope
  • Paddles
  • Bailing tin
  • Non-projectile signaling device such as an air-horn or whistle
  • Coastguard approved lifejackets
  • Waterproof flashlight with good batteries in the flashlight
  • A 30-foot rope with a floatation device attached to the end for rescue situations

    Pleasure Craft Operator Card:

  • As of Sept. 15, 2009. all resident powerboat operators must obtain a Pleasure Craft Operator Card. Currently, a Pleasure Craft Operator Card is not required in order to operate a rented watercraft. Instead, it is sufficient for a renter to complete a rental safety checklist.
  • Non-residents do not need a Boat Operators Card unless they are in Ontario for more than 45 days.